Kevin Haiduy Phung
Node.js, Express, MongoDB, Mongoose, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebase, RESTful API Development
Jasmine, Mocha, Chai, Jest, Enzyme, New Relic, loader.io, artillery.io
[ AWS: S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, CloudWatch ], Docker, Travis CI, Heroku
nginx, Git, npm, Webpack, Babel
Mindful Matters, Software Engineer
An app that monitors your state of mind via daily mood entries.
- Designed application aesthetics using Semantic UI and React inline styling.
- Utilized Chart.js for data visualization and mood input analytics.
- Implemented RESTful API to support CRUD operations and leveraged MongoDB cloud services for data storage.
- Deployed service using AWS Elastic Beanstalk with enabled continuous integration by Travis CI.
- Introduced Google and Facebook Authentication using Firebase to securely save client data.
React, Webpack, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, Mongoose, Semantic UI, React Router, Axios
Twitch Service, Full Stack Engineer
An app for clients to upload and stream video content.
- Architected system backend to scale 10M records via stress testing and PostgreSQL query optimizations.
- Deployed service and database instances into AWS EC2 for horizontal scaling.
- Integrated AWS Elastic Load Balancer for autoscaling leveraging AMI and Docker technologies.
- Implemented Nginx reverse proxy w/ caching to increase service throughput to 12k rps at 3ms per request and 0% error rate.
React, Webpack, Node.js, Express, PostgreSQL, Sequelize, Artillery.io, Loader.io, AWS EC2, AWS ELB, AWS CloudWatch, nginx, pm2
Crypto Quotes, Full Stack Engineer
A MERN stack app that tracks Bitcoin and leading cryptocurrencies.
- Curated last 6 months pricing history of Bitcoin using CoinDesk API and Chart.js for data rendering.
- Created a custom ticker that displays the top 6 highest cryptocurrency holdings by price, market cap, and volume.
- Increased service loading and reaction speed efficiency by 20% using S3 bundle file compression.
- Deployed service on AWS EC2 for modularity and future scalability.
React, Express, Chart.js, Semantic.UI, CoinDesk API, CoinLib.io API, AWS EC2, AWS EBS
ESPN NFL Team Page, Front End Engineer
An app that generates data for a specific NFL Team.
React, Webpack, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, Mongoose, Bootstrap, AWS EC2, AWS ELB, AWS S3
Software Engineer Consultant | CVS Health | 2019-Present
- Supported the design of API routes, validations, and rules per user requirements.
- Leveraged Node.js and Bcrypt.js for masking user information for security purposes.
- Experience using SaFe agile methodology and Jira for workflow and software development.
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up monolithic app into microservices, improving developer workflow, increasing scalability, and optimizing speed.
Software Engineer - Immersive Resident | Hack Reactor | 2018-2019
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers pertaining to JS and CS fundamentals.
- Enforce best practices and code readability, such as ES6 implementation, DRY principles, and Git workflow in code reviews.
- Conduct technical interviews for prospective software engineering students.
- Participated in pair programming and two-week sprints for MVP and toy problems.
Software Engineer – Contract | NextEra Energy Resources | 2018
- Developed internal tooling library for plant processing systems.
- Leveraged React.js, Node.js, and Sequelize ORM to build out application.
Clinical Nurse | Trinity Health of New England | 2015-Present
- Performed nursing assessments to ensure progression of patient goals.
- Administered medications and skilled treatments per patient care plan.
- Supervised nurses aides to assist patients with daily hygiene care.
- Educated patients and families on disease processes, coping mechanisms, and community support groups.
Thomas Edison State University | Computer Science | 2019
Hack Reactor | Advanced Software Engineering Immersive Program | 2018
Galen College of Nursing | Licensed Practical Nurse - Registered Nurse Program | 2013